Sunday 3 March 2019

Week 2

Stairs (First Draft)



(Applied for 3D Model)











(Applied for 3D Model)


These drawings seem to have a wrong size and also fail to reflect the material of my stair. Hence, I developed my section drawing and put them into my last final submission post.


 Original Sketchup Images of Selected Stairs




The shape of this stair was inspired by Guarino Guarini's chapel of the holy shroud in Turin, as Italy is the birthplace of Off-White. The composition of different triangles and hexagons along with the glass fences in various colour reflects the characteristic of Off-White, vivid and modern. A gentle slope beside the stair is also designed to provide convenience for the transport of products.





This set of stairs was designed for Auto Fabrica. Two lift tracks in the middle allow clients to bring their heavy motorcycles to the showroom on the ground floor, inspired by the Angels Flight Railway which appeared in La La Land. The main structure of the stair is supported by 4 thick metal beams. In order to reflect the rough property of motorcycle, stone and metal are selected as the main materials of the stair. There is no handrail for this stair, which strengthens the bold shape of the stair and creates an overwhelming feeling for the visitors.


First Redesign

After last week's modelling in sketchup, I found there is small modifying and developing space for my first chosen section design, as piling three different prisms has conflict with my gallery's curved-shape covering façade, in other word, it's really hard to make a smooth transition from the façade of my workshop to the façade of gallery. I decided to reselect my section and try to build a harmonious relationship between my fashion clothing workshop, motorcycle workshop and gallery.

    
(Above: Original Selected Section)
(Below: Current Selected Section)


Improvement based on my current section (Wild/Vivid)

Sketchup Model


To fit in my main building, I only used half of my stair which connects the auto's workshop and gallery. In addition, I even considered removing the funicular on my stair, replaced by a lift which can directly bring motorcycles to the gallery down below inside the curving roof. Thanks to Catherine's advice, I changed my mind and tried to keep my funicular design and rearrange the position of my curving roof. 



      




No comments:

Post a Comment